10 things you can do to help save the planet 🌎 this Earth Day
Posted on April 22 2019
10 things you can do to help save the planet 🌎 this Earth Day:
1. Buy less, buy better. Invest in quality pieces, well made, from sustainable fabrics - not fast fashion.
2. If you don’t love it, don’t buy it. Sounds obvious enough but how many times do you buy an item of clothing and it just sits there never being worn?
3. Switch to packaging-free alternatives for deodorant, shampoo etc. There are loads of solid bar options out there now. I personally swear by Aromaco deodorant bar from Lush.
4. Use Bamboo toothbrushes instead of plastic ones. They look so much prettier in your bathroom too.
5. Take a reusable water bottle everywhere. And a travel coffee cup. Loads of coffee shops now will knock a few pence off if you hand them your own cup to fill.
6. Shop Organic. Bees 🐝 (and people actually...) are dying out there because of all those awful pesticides.
7. Eat less meat & dairy. This one is massive - it’s one of the biggest things you can do to reduce your impact on the planet.
8. Try some sustainable options instead of sanitary towels and tampons. Swapping to using menstrual cups, reusable pads, and period undies can cut out so much plastic each month.
9. Look after your clothes and shoes. Sounds simple but caring for your stuff well helps it to last longer, especially polishing shoes and boots or taking them to the cobbler for new soles or heels as needed.
10. Buy more things second hand. Charity shopping is like a treasure hunt, you just never know what you’re going to get, but often you can find great quality items that have been donated, still in amazing condition. Or shop online for pre-loved labels and key pieces. It all prevents good items going to landfill, and you’ll save your pennies too.
This recycled slogan T-shirt has a pretty apt message for the fight against climate change and plastic pollution. It’s a cause we all need to get behind, and is definitely gaining momentum even as we speak.
We can’t afford to quit. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀